Monday, September 04, 2006

Question of the Week: What have you created that surprised you as soon as you saw it "on paper"?

This week's question is: What have you created that surprised you as soon as you saw it "on paper"?

ALVINA:
This probably wasn't my question to answer, but I'll say one thing I've created that surprised me as soon as I saw it on paper was my credit card debt. ;)

ANNA:
I feel like I am constantly surprised by what happens to an idea when you put it down on paper, no matter what I'm working on. Its part of the excitement and challenge of forming something out of nothing- that the thing you see in front of you attempts to recreate an idea you had in your head, but once its down on paper it starts to grow and becomes something new.

GRACE:
I think all my projects have suprised me in one shape or form once I've put it "on paper." My book Year of the Dog was initially a picturebook and then an easy reader which finally became a novel. That process only took about 5 years.

No comments: