Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Snow in July

At long last, Robert's Snow returns! For those of you who don't remember, Robert's Snow is a fundraising auction for the Dana Farber Cancer Institute, begun by Grace in 2004. Hundreds of children's book illustrators have donated hand painted snowflakes to be auctioned off for the project.

Last year the project was on hiatus, but this year it is back, this time organized by Dana Farber (and not us). All of us BRG's who are illustrators will be donating however- and the deadline to finish the flakes is tomorrow. I'm headed over to DF today to drop off my flake (you can click on the image below to see a larger version).

Stay posted for more updates on the project as the date for the auction draws closer. There will be opportunities to view all the snowflakes, and of course own your own piece of children's book art!

Read more about the project here.

5 comments:

Elaine Magliaro said...

Anna,

I love your snowflake. I was really disappointed that I was outbid on the snowflake you made for the 2005 Robert's Snow auction.

Emily Jiang said...

Love the snowflake and love the project! Looking forward to seeing the other snowflakes!

Anna Alter said...

Thanks guys! I am excited to see everyone else's snowflakes too.

Anonymous said...

Oh, how pretty! It makes me eager for winter.

Matt Phelan said...

This is really wonderful!