Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Speaking of editorial letters...

My former colleague Amy Lin (formerly Amy Hsu) has launched editomato, " a small, online business offering developmental editorial services to children's book writers aiming to be published in the trade market." Amy is an incredibly fantastic and well-respected editor with superb taste, and when we worked together, I relied on her heavily for editorial advice and support. She left the company to move away to where her husband lives. How dare she.

Amy was responsible for getting Patrick McDonnell on our list, and edited his NY Times Bestselling The Gift of Nothing. She has edited such beautiful books as What Are You So Grumpy About? by Tom Lichtenheld, Ninjas, Piranhas, and Galileo by Greg Leitich Smith, The Geography of Girlhood by Kirsten Smith, and after her departure freelance edited Jeremy Fink and the Meaning of Life by Wendy Mass and Exploratopia by the Exploratorium.

So, if you want a great editorial letter, check out her site! It's adorable and nicely designed, to boot. Plus, she's a great friend!

4 comments:

Anna Alter said...

Ooo great site. I bet this will be useful to a lot of writers.

Unknown said...

Alvina,

Thanks for posting about this. I have a number of friends who write for children. I'll pass your blog link on to them.

Meghan McCarthy said...

That's a really nicely designed site. I like it.

meghan

Andromeda Jazmon said...

Thanks for this link. I am putting it in my del.icio.us list.