Sunday, November 11, 2007

Blogging for a Cure: The Final Week

Grace Lin & Alissa Imre Geis
admiring the 2007 snowflakes
in Newburyport, Massachusetts

Note: My husband and I took the rest of the photographs posted here at the Reception for Robert's Snow Artists, which was held on November 4th at the Danforth Museum of Art in Framingham, Massachusetts. The 2007 snowflakes will remain on exhibit through December 2nd.

Back row: Leo Landry & Grace

Time certainly has flown. Think about this: The final week of Blogging for a Cure will begin tomorrow! Where did the time go?

Once again, I would like to thank Jules and Eisha, the fine ladies of 7-Imp for spearheading this effort to promote Robert’s Snow: for Cancer’s Cure, a series of online auctions that will raise money for the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and cancer research. Please visit the Robert’s Snow website to learn more about this unique fundraiser, which was co-founded by Grace Lin and her late husband Robert Mercer.

Jules coordinated the efforts of dozens of bloggers who have been posting features about the picture book illustrators who created snowflakes for Robert’s Snow 2007. She also organized the master schedule for our postings. In addition, I would like to thank Tricia Stohr-Hunt of The Miss Rumphius Effect and Jen Robinson of Jen Robinson’s Book Page for providing participating bloggers with weekly schedules to post at our blogs.

NOTE: I have linked to the blogs that will be posting features about the Robert’s Snow artists this week—not to the specific posts. Jules and Eisha of 7-Imp have created a special page that includes a list with links to all the Blogging for a Cure posts. Their list is updated every day.
Robin Brickman with an original illustration
from her book
One Night in the Coral Sea

Rebecca Doughty standing near her snowflake

Amiko Hirao and Alissa Imre Geis

Monday, November 12
John Nez at ChatRabbit
Liza Woodruff at Check It Out
Jane Dippold at Just Like the Nut
Mike Wohnoutka at laurasalas

Tuesday, November 13
Cynthia Decker at The Silver Lining
Cecily Lang at Kate's Book Blog
Jane Dyer at Whimsy Books
Akemi Gutierrez at AmoXcalli and Cuentecitos
Lee White at Please Come Flying

Wednesday, November 14
Philomena O'Neill at Jo's Journal
Maggie Swanson at Chicken Spaghetti
Timothy Bush at Here in the Bonny Glen
Peter Emmerich at Loree Griffin Burns: A Life in Books

Thursday, November 15
Yangsook Choi at What Adrienne Thinks About That
Laura Jacques at cynthialord's Journal
Mary Newell Depalma at Wild Rose Reader
Leanne Franson at Just Like the Nut

Friday, November 16
Mary Haverfield
at Your Neighborhood Librarian
Lisa Kopelke at Lisa's Little Corner of the Internet
Salley Mavor at ChatRabbit
Greg Newbold at The Longstockings
Elizabeth Sayles at AmoXcalli and Cuentecitos

Saturday, November 17
Paul Brewer at A Chair, A Fireplace & A Tea Cozy
Aaron Zenz at Jo's Journal
Wendy Edelson at What Adrienne Thinks About That
Joan Waites at Chicken Spaghetti

Sunday, November 18
Giles Laroche at Book, Book, Book
Annie Patterson at Check It Out
Teri Sloat at The Miss Rumphius Effect
Annette Heiberg at Lisa's Little Corner of the Internet
Wade Zahares at Wild Rose Reader

Grace, Anna, & I decided to have a picture taken
next to the beautiful angel created by Linda Wingerter.

These are the Robert’s Snow artists who will be/have been featured at Wild Rose Reader.

October 16: Scott Bakal
October 29:
Alissa Imre Geis
November 3:
Wendell Minor
November 9:
Susan Kathleen Hartung

COMING SOON TO WILD ROSE READER
November 15: Mary Newell DePalma
November 18: Wade Zahares

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elaine, I just wanted to say what a beautiful, gracious job you're doing promoting Robert's Snow. Six features! I'm doing three, and I'm following the same format for all three, and even that feels like a lot. You've been doing an amazing job with Robert's Snow and also with highlighting the great organizers and helpers who have made it possible to do. Woot!

gail said...

I'm going to miss all these interview when they end! I so enjoyed getting to "meet" me featured illustrators too. (One one on the phone, and one via email contact that continues.) Looking forward to the final week!

gail

Elaine Magliaro said...

Laura,

The artist interviews for Blogging for a Cure have been a labor of love for me. Robert's Snow: for Cancer's Cure is dear to me heart. It's been interesting getting to know some of these talented artists.


Gail,

I've been so busy with my own Blogging for a Cure artist interviews that I haven't yet had an opportunity to read all the other artist features that have been posted to date. I'm so glad Jules and Eisha created that "special" page at their blog so I can read them all after I've finished posting my last artist feature on the 18th.

gail said...

I know Elaine isn't that wonderful of them! I have missed many weekend features too. It does take so much time. I can't believe how many features you've done! Stop by my blog before Monday if you want to be entered in the drawing for a signed book by either of the two author/illustrators I featured!

gail