Saturday, March 22, 2008

Advice



I found this while I was searching for a bicycle -- it's from Kerri Smith's blog. I do most of these a lot and I like this because it's a good reminder of how stupid it is and how easy it is to stop, too!

This week hasn't been great -- my beloved blue bicycle was stolen and I miss it more than I've ever missed any object. But all the kids in the neighborhood have promised to look for it and we are distributing signs everywhere. One suggested that I write a book about it -- THE MYSTERY OF THE BLUE BICYCLE (this of course when we have solved the crime). Or maybe I could make up a solution. Another child suggested writing an article for the town paper and referring to myself as "Mystic's own Libby Koponen."

But meanwhile, many people are looking. As someone said,
"That bike is FAMOUS!"

This is it:



Next week, my solution to #6 -- by then I will know if it has worked!

7 comments:

Christine Tripp said...

Numbers 1, 2, 5 and 9 apply in my case and number 9 takes a front row:)
I didn't find the others had relevance for me at least.

Christine Tripp said...

Oops, meant to say number 6 takes front row... show me the money!:)

Anna Alter said...

I hope your find your bike Libby! It is so sad that someone would steal it away. Maybe you could write a book about all the places it could have gone- who took it and where it went?

Anonymous said...

"Mystic's own Libby Koponen" would make a great title.

Susan Sandmore said...

It might be a good idea to post a note about your bike to the "Lost and Found" area of your local craigslist! Also, check the craigslist for sale ads in case whoever stole it is trying to sell it there.

Libby Koponen said...

Thanks, everyone! There is something very comforting about these comments -- and the way people in town I don't even know come up to me and say:
"It's awful about your bike!"

Thank you.

--Libby

MotherReader said...

Sorry about the bike. It looks like a beauty. I printed the "advice" for my Wall of Writing.