Friday, March 07, 2008

Turn on the radio

If you happen to be free tomorrow (Saturday, March 8) between 1:00 - 1:25 pm EST, tune into WBAI 99.5 FM to hear me interview authors Grace Lin and Justina Chen Headley about their books out this year (that I edited): YEAR OF THE RAT and GIRL OVERBOARD, respectively.

WBAI is celebrating International Working Women's Day by having 29 hours of women-only programming, and an organization I've been involved with, the North American Taiwanese Women's Association (NATWA) asked me this year if I'd like to put together the segment. We taped last night, and I think it went okay, despite me losing my voice earlier in the week due to a cold (if you hear a cough in the background while Grace is speaking, that was me--I thought my mic was off!).

I actually had a lot of fun doing this--I did a lot of radio in college (news producing, reporting, and anchoring, plus deejay and production training) but none since, so it was cool revisiting that world and being at a radio station again.

If you're not in NYC, you can also tune in via their website.

No comments: