Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Getting crafty


As I mentioned before here, I've been working on a proposal for a sequel to my soon to be released book, What Can You Do with an Old Red Shoe? A Green Activity Book About Reuse. So I've gone back to my teacherly roots and pulled out my craft supply bin...

Before I can turn a craft into a spread in the book I of course need to test it out. This week I did some bubble painting with a kazoo. These are the days that I think I have the best job ever. And perhaps the wierdest. Here are some pics.

Mixing the paint with dishsoap and water:



Place kazoo in soapy paint and blow bubbles:





Print bubbles onto paper:



So much fun.

3 comments:

Elaine Magliaro said...

Anna,

That's really neat!

BTW, I received an F&G of WHAT CAN YOU YOU DO WITH AN OLD RED SHOE? the other day. It looks great! The text is concise and clear--and the directions are easy to follow. I like your tips for kids and grown-ups at the back of the book.

Will the book be out in the spring?

Erik Brooks said...

Wow, the things you can do with a worn out kazoo :) The bubble painting is really cool!

Anna Alter said...

Thanks guys! Yes the book will be out in the beginning of April!