Monday, November 03, 2008

Halloween!

So, I have no recollection of what I did for Halloween last year, which means I didn't dress up. This year, one of my New Year's resolutions was to dress up for Halloween. If I can't at least fulfill that resolution, then I'm pitiful.

I was struggling with what to be, and a couple of weeks ago a friend said, "You should use my idea! I had two ideas this year, so you should use the one I'm not using."

Her idea was to dress all in blue, put cotton clouds all over, and carry a spray bottle. Partly cloudy with a chance of showers! And of course, being the children's book person that I am, I immediately thought, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs!

And that is what I was.

Here's me without the meatballs (but of course there's a chance of them later...)
(the sweatshirt I'm wearing has clouds all over it--although some of the clouds could actually pass as meatballs)

And here's me with the meatballs:
And at night, I went without the meatballs and opted for the spray bottle instead.
All in all, it was a great Halloween. I had a lot of fun glueing on all the cotton balls--I hadn't been that crafty since I was a kid. I'm inspired to dress up again next year and make my costume again.

Here's the group at work all dressed up. Can you name the costumes?
What did you dress up as?

3 comments:

Alicia PadrĂ³n said...

Oh this is too fun! I love your costume, very original!
Hmm.. let's see:

Cowgirl, barcode, trecky, Abba (?), Cloudy with a chance of meatballs, Miss Alaska, Dorothy ( Pippi Longstockins, or it could be the little girl from Wendy's? ;o)), little red riding hood, hello kitty, and Rapper.

Was I close? :o)

carterbham said...

Yeah! Breaking Dawn! That's hilarious.

Kimbra Kasch said...

A cowgirl, a barcode, a Star Trek Geek, (can’t really see this one – but maybe an Olympian), an idea, Sarah Palin, Pippi Longstocking, Red Riding Hood, Hello Kitty, and the Bling of the Group

I was a snap pea.