Sunday, November 16, 2008

Question of the week: Whats on your desk?


Anna: Lately I've been at my computer desk more than my painting desk, so whats been on my desk is a screen full of the web site for What Can You Do with an Old Red Shoe?, soon to be finished!

Grace: Bookplates, lots of bookplates! It's actually pretty fun, and signing them has been strangely therapeutic.


Libby: A printout of a novel, with comments from my agent (thank you Sara!). Seven older drafts of the same book are stacked on the floor. I know my desk looks the same way it did last time; only the ms. in the stand is different.



Elaine:
What's on my work table? My brand new computer. And I love it!!! I got it last Tuesday. It's not a laptop; it's a Sony "all-in-one" (VGC-JS100 Series)--all the computer components are housed behind the screen. I love the wide screen...and I love the sloped keyboard. I've needed a new computer for a long time. This new one suits me perfectly.

Also on my desk: I have a batch of new books by Steve Jenkins--two of which I got at the Rabbit Hill Festival of Literature and three that I ordered when Grace and I returned home from the festival. I love Steve's nonfiction science books. (I minored in science in college when I was studying to be an elementary teacher. I read a lot of adult nonfiction books--like E=mc2: A Biography of the World's Most Famous Equation and Rosalind Franklin: The Dark Lady of DNA.) Next to the books you can see some of my Obama memorabilia.


No comments: