Wednesday, November 05, 2008

VOTED

I didn't take any pictures, but yes, I voted too. I drove to RI just to do it--no line! And I didn't have to change my address even though my parents moved. It was almost too easy--a little scary! It was a quite the battle to vote because I worked late monday night and didn't leave NY until midnight. I literally was asleep most of the way to RI. I tried all sorts of things to stay awake but nothing worked. I could blame the medication but I don't think that was it. I was feeling kind of odd and sick and think IT is what caused me to not stay awake. Oh well. I made it and voted! I'm sad that I wasn't in NY for the election parties, but maybe next time.

This is a day of unity. It may or may not last but I'm glad it happened and I'm glad my pick made it to presidency! Go Obama! I have the utmost respect for McCain as well and thought his final speech was well done.

meghan

1 comment:

Karen Lee said...

Hi Megan,

I'm glad you voted and glad your candidate and mine won - but you aren't just putting yourself at risk by driving so tired you know. Lives are lost everyday. I'm just saying I think you should consider who else you are putting at risk besides yourself before you get behind the wheel.

Karen Lee