Sunday, March 22, 2009

Anniversary



It's hard to imagine, but my very first published book has hit its 10 year anniversary! Yes, The Ugly Vegetables is 10 years old. To celebrate this momentous occasion, the publisher has printed an anniversary edition and it is finally IN STOCK (both in hardback and paperback)! The new edition features a new cover, design and an updated pinyin glossary.

The last was a most important change, as the original book used out-dated pinyin which made it difficult for those non-Chinese speakers (including myself) to pronounce the names of the vegetables. So, in honor of this edition I've added an Ugly Vegetables Chinese Lesson on my website.

Listen to audio clips of each of the correctly pronounced vegetable names (thanks, Mom!) here: UGLY VEGETABLES CHINESE LESSON

and have a Happy Birthday Cupcake for The Ugly Vegetables!

Yippee! I hope it has many happy returns of the day!

5 comments:

Lynn said...

Congratulations; we will have to find a copy. Funny story on amazon about you cutting out your sisters from the story. Our son is 1/4 Chinese, and I like to find children's stories with a little bit of Chinese culture for him.

yamster said...

Congratulations! What landmark moment. Have a cupcake for me. :)

alvinaling said...

Oooh, it looks great, I love the green. Very fitting! This was always my favorite of your picture books. Well, this and OLVINA FLIES, of course.

10 years, wow. I'm coming on my 10-year anniversary at Little, Brown. We're getting...er, experienced!

MotherReader said...

The pronunciation guide will be very helpful. I read it to my book group after we finished discussing The Year of the Dog, and I have to admit that I winged it on some of the veggie names.

Grace Lin said...

Thanks, everyone!