Friday, January 29, 2010



I’m in a wintry mood today. At Wild Rose Reader, I posted three pictures I took from my bedroom window after the big snowstorm we had in December—as well as an original acrostic and a rough draft of a snow poem I “wrote” in my head while I was driving to my mother’s house yesterday.

Winter-Time
by Robert Louis Stevenson

Late lies the wintry sun a-bed,

A frosty, fiery sleepy-head;

Blinks but an hour or two; and then,

A blood-red orange, sets again.

Before the stars have left the skies,

At morning in the dark I rise;

And shivering in my nakedness,

By the cold candle, bathe and dress.

You can read the rest of the poem here.

********************

At Wild Rose Reader: Winter Wonderland

Anastasia Suen has the Poetry Friday Roundup at Picture Book of the Day.

1 comment:

Libby Koponen said...

Thanks for posting this! I've loved RLS all my life -- and I really do mean all; I remember my mother reading A CHILD'S GARDEN OF VERSES aloud when I was too young to read myself. I loved his writing then and I love it now!

Libby