Monday, April 09, 2012

Question and Images of the Week, and more!







Last week's question of the week was "What made you laugh out loud?" I had intended to answer the question last week, but better late than never, right?

I laugh a lot in my life in general, but being around children makes me laugh and smile all that much more. Two weekends ago I had dinner with friends who have a two-year-old child, Violet. We all know that children fall down a lot, and depending on the fall, they either cry, or they just get up and keep going. Well, Violet's parents have established a routine of Violet "shaking off" her falls. This is how it works:

Violet falls down while running around.
Her parents: "You're okay! Shake it off!"
Violet stands up and proceeds to shake her whole body, especially her arms, while smiling broadly.

It was an extremely endearing sight and it made me laugh out loud. It also made me want to "shake it off" myself whenever I "fall down". I think it will work!

And speaking of kids, this past weekend some of us got together up in Western Mass. I loved taking pictures of (and with!) Anna's daughter Tilda, and here are two of my favorite shots:

Tilda looking "cool" in my sunglasses.

making faces!

***

And finally, if you're in the NY area, please come out tomorrow night (Tuesday, April 10 at 7 pm) to Word Bookstore in Greenpoint. Barry Lyga and I will be discussing his new book I Hunt Killers. Hope to see you there!

2 comments:

Anna Alter said...

I LOVE these pictures.

Libby Koponen said...

I love the pictures and also the idea of "shaking it off." I am going to try that too!